Shipping containers are a popular and versatile choice for a variety of storage and shipping needs. But not all steel container modifications are created equal. If you’re in the market for a modified container, it’s important to understand that not all companies complete modifications in the same way.
Our team at A American Container provides an overview of the different types of steel container modifications that we have available and our process, so you can make an informed decision about which option best meets your needs. Let’s dive in!
What’s in a Modification?
Shipping container modifications can range from basic customizations like adding windows and doors, to completely transforming a shipping container into a livable space.
For those looking for a more comprehensive transformation, structural modifications may be necessary. These could include welding together multiple containers to create larger spaces or cutting out sections of walls to create open floor plans. Structural modifications require an experienced team like ours at A American Container with specialized equipment and should not be attempted by amateurs.
What Makes A American Container Different?
Remember, not all shipping container modifications are created equal. While there are many companies out there that modify containers, they don’t always use steel as we do.
At A American Container, we believe that using steel is the key to creating high-quality container modifications that stand the test of time.
Steel is incredibly durable and resilient, making it ideal for use in harsh environments where other materials would quickly deteriorate.
Additionally, steel is fire-resistant and provides excellent protection against pests such as rodents.
While some companies may choose to use wood or other materials for their modifications, we believe that this simply isn’t practical. Wood can quickly rot or become infested with termites or other pests if not properly treated.
So, What Modifications Can I Make?
With a little creativity, a shipping container can be transformed into anything from an office space to an art studio or she shed. But what modifications can you do with A American Container?
One option is to add windows, which not only bring in natural light but also improve ventilation.
Depending on the design, all windows at A American are framed with 2″ x 4″ steel tubing or greater. To increase security, we recommend adding optional safety bars.
- The standard window is 35” x 35” (custom sizes are available)
- Fully welded 2″x 4″ steel tubing
- ½ inch steel square safety bars (optional)
- Fully finished with the interior build-out (optional)
Door modifications are one of the most popular modifications that our team does.
- Generally, containers come standard with cargo doors on one end. We can modify your container to include a man door or roll-up doors which allow you to access the container from the side, or we can even replace the container’s cargo doors with a roll-up door.
- Our roll-up doors are hurricane-rated and have lockable sliding clasps from the inside or outside.
Our door modifications include fully welded frames to reinforce the section of the wall that our team removed. Not all companies do that!
If you want an additional entry point, we recommend adding a steel commercial door to two to make accessing your stored items easier.
Another modification is to install insulation, which helps regulate temperature and reduce noise levels inside the container. This is crucial in Florida’s heat and humidity!
At A American, we offer:
- Closed-Cell Spray Foam: This is the most cost-effective way to insulate your shipping container. Spray foam covers the surface of the corrugated container walls. The best part? There are gaps between the insulation and that container’s interior wall, unlike other insulation methods. Plus, it is mold and mildew resistant and can be sprayed over electrical conduits.
- Fiberglass and Rockwool Insulation: We can install R-13 and R-30 insulation in your container in line with the Florida Building Code Requirements.
Cooling solutions are necessary when using a modified container as a storage space for sensitive items or office space. Depending on the size and required temperature, we have several alternatives for your container.
- Through-wall ACs (the most common type)
- Mini split ACs
- Commercial wall HVAC units
Electrical & Lighting
If you want to electrify your space, you can either select one of our electrical packages or have our modification team create a unique electrical setup just for you.
- Our standard load center has a 100 AMP main breaker
- We offer custom wiring configurations with 12 gauge or 20 AMP copper wiring
- We use the same 110V or 220 outlets that are used in residential or commercial projects
- We offer LED lighting with custom floor plans available
- Porch and flood lights can be installed to illuminate your container at night for better security
Since You’re Here > Maximizing Your Space in Your Portable Storage Container
A American Container – Your Reliable Source for On-Site Storage
American Container is your reliable source for cargo container modifications, rentals, and sales in Tampa. We offer top-quality containers that are built to last and can be customized to meet your exact needs.
Not sure where to begin? Don’t worry! Our experienced team of modification experts will help you every step of the way, ensuring you get the best product and service available.
Whether you’re looking for a mobile office or secure storage space, American Container has the right solution for you. Contact our friendly team for a modification quote today at 813-740-1911!