If you’re planning to purchase or rent a steel shipping container from A American Container, congratulations! You’re on your way to having a versatile and durable storage solution. However, before you can start using your container, there’s one crucial step you need to prepare for—delivery.
From choosing the right location to ensuring accessibility for the delivery truck, we’ll guide you through everything you need to know to properly prepare for your container delivery. Let’s get started!
Ensure a Stress-Free Steel Container Delivery with These Essential Steps
Follow these steps to prepare for your container delivery from our team:
What to Know Before the Truck Arrives
Before your shipping container is delivered, it’s important to take the time to decide where you would like it to be located. This decision will dictate how accessible your container is, as well as how easy it will be to unload and load items inside.
Choosing the right location can also help keep your belongings safe from weather-related damage.
When deciding where to place it, consider these things first:
- The ground should be level, solid, & dry
- The area should be free of debris, plants, etc.
- The route leading to the container’s location needs to be at least 12 feet wide
- At least 14-foot overhead clearance is required for the route
- There should be 20-foot-high overhead clearance at the location where the container will be unloaded
You will also need to consider which way you would like the doors to open. Our delivery trucks back up and pull out from underneath the container and doors are either the first to come off or last.
The Delivery Process
Now, you’re ready for delivery! The steps in the delivery process are as streamlined as possible and include:
- #1. The day before delivery, dispatch will contact you to inform you of the approximate time you may expect your container.
- #2. The driver will call you once they are on the way for delivery.
- #3. The truck will back the container into position once the driver has arrived.
- #4. If the ground is not concrete or asphalt, containers must be placed on (4) 6″X6″ pressure-treated wood blocks (We will provide the blocks for rental clients).
- #5. The driver will tilt the truck’s bed and remove the container from underneath it, leaving it on the wood blocks or ground.
- #6. After positioning the container, the driver will make sure that it is level and that the doors open and close (If the container is not level, the doors will not work).
- #7. As soon as the paperwork has been signed, you can start storing with confidence!
If you have any questions about your container delivery, don’t hesitate to reach out to our friendly customer service team, but in the meantime, here are some frequently asked questions to help you out:
How Will the Container Be Secured?
Steel Containers come with four latches that can be padlocked shut. (Our locks are sold separately.)
For purposes involving high security, we advise incorporating our patented DRP Locking System for enhanced protection.
What Will the Container Rest On?
Containers must be elevated due to their wooden floors to prevent damage unless they are being placed on asphalt or a concrete slab. We recommend using 6” X 6” pressure-treated wood blocks which can be found at a local lumber yard, Lowes, or the Home Depot.
Rental clients do not need to worry about providing blocks as we will provide them upon delivery.
Note: Concrete blocks DO NOT WORK.
How Can I Avoid Delivery Delays and Complications?
For seamless delivery, we recommend that all areas where the truck will be driving to deliver the container have solid ground. Delivery trucks are heavy and will sink or get stuck if the ground is moist or soft. Please plan accordingly.
Further, ensure that there are no obstructions like electrical lines, low-hanging tree limbs, septic tanks or pipelines, or debris in the area where the container will be unloaded.
Finally, to allow for prompt delivery, please answer to return the driver’s call and confirm you are present and prepared for delivery. If you don’t respond, your delivery may be postponed.
Read More > Do I Need to Secure My Container to the Ground?
A American Container – Your Reliable Source for On-Site Storage
A American Container is your go-to solution for cargo container rentals and sales in Tampa Bay. Our containers are durable and reliable, ensuring that your belongings will be kept safe and secure for years to come. And with our friendly customer service and fast delivery times, we make the process of renting or buying a steel storage container hassle-free.
Don’t hesitate to contact our team at 813-740-1911 to learn more about our containers and get started storing with confidence!